Hybrid car pros and cons, Hybrid cars advantage and disvantages
Hybrid cars, the latest buzz in automobile industry. What are these hybrid cars? No, hybrid cars are not electric cars. To make these cars move a combination of battery energy and internal combustion engine to drive generator, which generates electricity, is used. In simple terms we could say " Hybrid car's hybrid engine uses two power storage or utilization systems to make the car move".
Now lets look at some of the benefits of hybrid car. In other terms hybrid car pro and cons:
Features or Advantages for Hybrid cars:
- Hybrid cars are lighter then electric cars as the batteries used in the cars are lighter as compared to electric cars.
- Tax savings, free entry to car pool lanes, free parking and all the great sops from govt. which is doing its best to promote these cars.
- Saving of fuel due to battery assisted engine thus less dependence on foreign countries for fuels.
- The braking are configured to capture kinetic energy which is then used for charging batteries.
- Less exhaust thus environment friendly
- Money saved due to less fuel consumption for cars
- Seldom trip to gas station.
Cons or Disadvantages of Hybrid car:
- High cost
- Heavy due to heavy batteries used in these cars
- Risky in accidents due to high volt wires exposed in accidents for rescue operators.
If we look above the cons for the hybrid cars are not so strong as its pros. Thus, we can say that its better that people are buying hybrid cars and more and more should follow them for country and environment.